Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Two FOs, One WIP, and a Rerelease

It may just be me, but this past weekend seemed to fly by, even though it was longer than normal. We were pretty busy, so I'm sure that played a part. The good news is that I got a fair amount done, even if it wasn't as much as I was hoping. You will have seen the spinning progress if you read my last post. But new for today is the two projects I finished.

First up, my Wonder Woman Wrap, which I finally "wrapped" up (hehe) Sunday evening. I'd hoped to have finished it on Friday, but it turned out that I was more interested in napping than knitting when I finally sat down to do it.


Pattern: Wonder Woman Wrap by Carissa Browning
Yarn: Twist Fiber Studio Fairview Fingering (75% merino/25% nylon) in Bollywood and Gale's Art Wonder Sock (75% BFL, 25% nylon) in XXXX, one skein each
Needles: US 6 (4.0 mm) 40 in. ChiaoGoo Red Lace circulars
Started/Completed: August 26, 2017/March 11, 2018

Of course, this wrap isn't finished finished finished, because I still have to block it and deal with some ends, but the knitting portion is done. Overall, I enjoyed knitting it, though I'll admit that there are an awful lot of ends to deal with due to the way it's knit. The construction is rather ingenious, though, and I really appreciated the pattern because of that. Rainbow has already asked if I'll make her one in the traditional Wonder Woman colors, so I guess I'll have another one on the needles at some point (though I've already told her that I would make her the smaller size).

The other FO is another pair of socks for Rainbow. The colorwork motif is part of a new pattern that's with my tech editor at the moment, but I used the heel from my Non-Euclidian socks to see how she likes it. I used the same Marianated Yarns Practicality sock yarn that I used for the original design sample but with the colors reversed. The yardage is so good on this yarn that I still have a decent amount leftover of the two original skeins!


For a very brief period of time after finishing up these two projects, I had no projects on the needles -- that's right, zero. Unheard of! I couldn't allow that to be the case for two long, so yesterday morning I cast on a new pair of socks for me. This is the first shipment of the Fibernymph Dye Works Happy Hour Yarn Club, a colorway called Down at the Pub that's inspired by the different colors of beer. I'm knitting myself a pair of Non-Euclidians that I can actually wear (the original pair is now living in my sample bag). The best part about these socks just might be the progress keeper that came with the yarn:


Now, on to the rerelease. You may remember that I posted about my Intrecciate Socks last fall when they were published in Knit Now, and you may also remember that I knit up a new sample when I was on my winter vacation because I wasn't super in love with the yarn I was given for the first sample. In any case, I'm happy to tell you that you can now get the pattern through my Ravelry store.


These socks are knit cuff down, with a heel flap and gusset and a wide toe. They're graded to three sizes (to fit a foot circumference of 7/8/9 inches or 18/20.5/23 cm) and both charted and written directions for the stitch pattern. As fun as the colors were in the original yarn, I think the stitch pattern really shines so much more in a solid color -- and you can see that these socks are truly unisex. In addition to knitting up the new sample, I've also run the pattern by my tech editor, so you can be sure it's up to snuff.

1 comment:

  1. Nice finishes!! And, I really love the colors of that sock yarn!

    ReplyDelete